Does anxiety rule your life? Do you yearn for days that are free from the vibrating pulses that anxiety causes? When anxiety is filling your days and you’re desperate for some relief, try incorporating the following steps into your life:
- Spend some time outside. Even if it’s just for a few minutes, feel the sun on your face and the ground beneath your feet.
- Get creative- paint, color, write, cook, make music or whatever makes your creative soul sing.
- Write 5 things you’re grateful for every day. Having trouble coming up with five? Write one!
- Take a long, hot bubble bath and lock your bathroom door!
- Drink lots of water. Hate tap water? Try adding lemon, oranges or cucumber to flavor it.
- Listen to music. Sing. Dance. Feel the music.
- Meditate, or if that scares you, take five minutes a day for quiet reflection.
- Sleep! Go to bed early…leave the phone and the computer in another room.
- Read fiction and magazines that are pleasurable for you.
- Walk, stroll, meander until your breath slows…and speaking of breath, slow your breathing and feel your heart rate slow. Inhale slowly, hold your breath briefly and exhale slowly.